On behalf of the entire Treasurer’s Office our lasting thanks go to the men and women defending our freedoms. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with the families of our enlisted soldiers.
Extended Payment dates for Military Personnel
Ohio Revised Code Section 323.122 allows an extension of time for payment of real estate and manufactured home taxes for members of the National Guard and reserve components of the Armed Forces of the United States who have been called to active or other duty under Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Noble Eagle, or the Governor’s directive of September 28, 2001, or a successor to that directive.
- Property owned by a member of the National Guard or a member of a reserve component of the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Property owned by the spouse of such a member.
- Property owned jointly by such member and that member’s spouse or dependent parent.
- Property owned by a dependent parent of such a member who dies during such active duty.
Benefits for qualified property
- Payment of taxes and assessments payable during the member’s period of active duty and the six months following termination of that duty are delayed until the seventh month after the member’s active duty ends.
- If the extended taxes are escrowed with a mortgage payment, the taxpayer may request that monthly mortgage payments be reduced by the amount of escrowed taxes for the period of the military member’s active service.
- An application must be completed by the member, or by that member’s spouse or dependent parent.
- The application must be completed and an installment contract entered into no later than the last day of the sixth month following termination of active duty.
- Proof of eligibility must be proved with application (copy of military orders or other documentation).
If you have additional questions please contact the Treasurer’s Office at (513) 732-7254 or email us at email@example.com.